REU Site on Integrated Machine Learning Systems:
This REU site will begin to accept applications on January 1, 2010;
applications arriving by February 1st, 2010 will receive full
will be reviewed on a rolling basis after this date until the program
Applications may be submitted via email to Andrew Fagg
(fagg -- cs.ou.edu). Where necessary,
application materials may be sent via physical mail to:
Andrew H. Fagg
Devon Energy Hall, Room 208
110 W. Boyd Street
School of Computer Science
University of Oklahoma
Norman, OK 73019-3008
An application must
include the following:
In addition, please arrange for two letters of recommendation to be
sent by faculty members from your home institution.
- A resume that includes information about your academic
background (especially your area of study and a sampling of the
courses that you have taken)
- A recent copy of your transcript
- A one-page essay that addresses:
- Your research interests (and experience, if any),
- How these interests fit within some aspect of this REU
- Your goals in participating in the REU site.
- The names and email addresses of two faculty members who will
be writing letters of recommendation.
- If the applicant is not a student at the University of Oklahoma
or the University of New Mexico, the student must identify an
external faculty mentor from their home
provide the name and email address of this mentor.
- If the applicant is applying to other REU programs, please provide a
list of those programs, their application deadlines, and the
contact email addresses. This information will be used to
coordinate the timing of our offer and response dates.
Applications will be reviewed and decisions will be made as complete
applications arrive. Applications arriving by February 1st will
receive full consideration. We will continue to accept applications
until all of the available REU slots have been filled.
fagg [[at]] cs.ou.edu
Last modified: Sat Dec 26 00:25:25 2009